Friday, July 30, 2010

To my Gentle Giant, Simba!
When I got him he was shy and hide in the basement for days.  I read that if you fed a cat by hand he would eventually warm up to you.  So I did and Simba became my trusted buddy.  I would relish the moments when he would sleep beside me on the bed, that was big for Simba, he liked to be on his own.  When I was gardening outside he'd be by my side playing with my weed discards.  When I sat in the morning on the deck with my coffee, he'd sit beside me and we would enjoy the morning sounds together.  When I'd walk the dog "Dutch" he'd try to follow, to which I started having to put him in the house.  He was quiet and shy nobody could touch him fully but me.  He trusted me, cause I took the time to feed him by hand and wait for him to come to me..... I miss him so much and I hope he knows I will love and remember him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment